Friday, January 29, 2010

Cheap Dining

Just finished watching local drama Daddy at Home (企鹅爸爸)starring Chen Hanwei and Li Nanxing. I have to say, I love Chen Hanwei's sibeh aunty character and curly hair. I think he is even more "aunty" than my mum.

So hubb was watching the show with me few days ago, while we were having our dinner and there was a scene where Li Nanxing took his family to a posh chinese restaurant for dinner. Later his wife asked him how much the dinner cost and told him not to waste such money in future (as he was retrenched). He said the dinner costs about S$200.

Upon hearing his reply, my first reaction to hubb was: $200?? Its not expensive at all mah... Thought they went to a posh restaurant?? How come so cheap?? There were 5 of them (4 adults and 1 child) so means per person is only S$50. Cheap mah. Hubb replied: Don't compare with the cost here lah. OMG I think when we go back Sg, you're gonna eat at all the expensive restaurants cos you'll think they are so cheap. You are going to 吃穷我!!

But seriously, S$50 is about 25eur and that is the price for a dinner menu at a normal (not posh at all) restaurant. In the past I used to complain that S$5 for a bowl of noodles in a foodcourt is expensive. I don't think I will complain about that anymore. Over here, 2.50eur can only buy you 1 corssaint and a cup of coffee. But... I still think $200 for 5 people is really cheap. :p

**

So, drama recommendation for Jan 10:

Daaddy at Home. You're gonna love the aunty Chen Hanwei.


















Okay I gotta go do some housework and cut discount coupons now. Keke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
If you love Hanwei's role in Daddy at Home, can you help vote for him to be fav character in Star Awards?
http://starawards2010.mediacorptv.sg/onlinevoting.htm

Anonymous said...

Please vote for Hanwei in Daddy at Home's role:
http://starawards2010.mediacorptv.sg/onlinevoting.htm