Monday, January 25, 2010

10 Ways to get your wife to cook

Guys, if you want to enjoy home cooked food from your wife on a daily basis... Try these...

1. Move to a place where cheap and good local food is not easily available (any part of Singapore does not qualify)... Somewhere out of the city, somewhere boring and dead, somewhere both ur parents are not available... An ideal example of such place would be La Teste, France...

2. Let your wife be taitai (ie, no need to work, just stay at home) so that she has all the time to cook...

3. Introduce her to wives who can cook very well (and pray that they become good friends) so that they can influence and inspire her...

4. Move in to an apartment where you have neighbours who are good cooks and always give some food to you... Over time, your wife will feel paisay and will wanna reciprocate also...

5. Organise potluck gatherings...

6. ALWAYS, and I repeat, ALWAYS, no matter under what circumstances, PRAISE her for her cooking. Always say its delicious. "OK la" does not constitute to nice. "OK la" means its not nice at all but still edible.

7. When she is cooking, the kitchen is her empire. DO NOT go into the kitchen and start giving pointers on how she should do it, unless she asked.

9. Offer to wash the dishes after eating.

10. Buy her a LV bag for her effort in cooking.

And viola, I assure your wife will cook everyday. :D

3 comments:

FF said...

I can cook everyday, every meal if there was a guy bring me to France and praise me a LV bag just for cooking... hahahha..

FF said...

Wow... new blog skin!!!

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about the ubiquitousness of technology in our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets cheaper, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i Card[/url] DS scPost)